There is some kind of solid connection among A. Stevens Miles Jr., his horses, and his hometown of Louisville. read blog
Three-year-old fillies are the center of attention Friday at Oaklawn Park's Racing Festival of the South when an evenly matched field of six vies in the $200,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II).
Fillies take the spotlight at Gulfstream Park Friday when the $200,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) and the $100,000 Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. III) headline a 10-race card.
Two contenders for races in Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Arlington Park completed their serious preparation for their races with workouts on Monday at Churchill Downs in Kentucky.
A minor foot ailment forced trainer Murray Johnson to postpone the final pre-race workout for Perfect Drift, a Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) contender owned by Stonecrest Farm.
Westerly Breeze works at Churchill...Lukas sprinters to Chicago next Wednesday.
Sure, a solid favorite has been established, but there are still many questions to be answered in the week's time before pre-entries are taken Oct. 15 for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The question in the grade II Walmac International Alcibiades (gr. II) at Keeneland Friday was who would relish the off going. The answer was Westerly Breeze and Ruby's Reception.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle