A. Stevens Miles Jr., a retired Kentucky banker, civic leader, and Thoroughbred owner, died April 25 in Louisville. He was 85.
There is some kind of solid connection among A. Stevens Miles Jr., his horses, and his hometown of Louisville. read blog
Three-year-old fillies are the center of attention Friday at Oaklawn Park's Racing Festival of the South when an evenly matched field of six vies in the $200,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II).
Fillies take the spotlight at Gulfstream Park Friday when the $200,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) and the $100,000 Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. III) headline a 10-race card.
Two contenders for races in Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Arlington Park completed their serious preparation for their races with workouts on Monday at Churchill Downs in Kentucky.
A minor foot ailment forced trainer Murray Johnson to postpone the final pre-race workout for Perfect Drift, a Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) contender owned by Stonecrest Farm.
Westerly Breeze works at Churchill...Lukas sprinters to Chicago next Wednesday.
Sure, a solid favorite has been established, but there are still many questions to be answered in the week's time before pre-entries are taken Oct. 15 for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The question in the grade II Walmac International Alcibiades (gr. II) at Keeneland Friday was who would relish the off going. The answer was Westerly Breeze and Ruby's Reception.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes