Mark Russell's Charitable Annuity, who won seven of 10 starts including the West Virginia Breeders' Classic last year, was named 2015 West Virginia-Bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male.
A study released March 2 shows the Thoroughbred industry in Jefferson County, W.Va., has a $191.1 million economic impact on the area known as the Eastern Panhandle.
A bill on West Virginia's 10-10-10 program, which offers purse supplements to in-state Thoroughbred owners, as well as breeders and stallion owners, awaits action by the governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes