Mark Russell's Charitable Annuity, who won seven of 10 starts including the West Virginia Breeders' Classic last year, was named 2015 West Virginia-Bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male.
A study released March 2 shows the Thoroughbred industry in Jefferson County, W.Va., has a $191.1 million economic impact on the area known as the Eastern Panhandle.
A bill on West Virginia's 10-10-10 program, which offers purse supplements to in-state Thoroughbred owners, as well as breeders and stallion owners, awaits action by the governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch