Mark Russell's Charitable Annuity, who won seven of 10 starts including the West Virginia Breeders' Classic last year, was named 2015 West Virginia-Bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male.
A study released March 2 shows the Thoroughbred industry in Jefferson County, W.Va., has a $191.1 million economic impact on the area known as the Eastern Panhandle.
A bill on West Virginia's 10-10-10 program, which offers purse supplements to in-state Thoroughbred owners, as well as breeders and stallion owners, awaits action by the governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo