Mark Russell's Charitable Annuity, who won seven of 10 starts including the West Virginia Breeders' Classic last year, was named 2015 West Virginia-Bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old male.
A study released March 2 shows the Thoroughbred industry in Jefferson County, W.Va., has a $191.1 million economic impact on the area known as the Eastern Panhandle.
A bill on West Virginia's 10-10-10 program, which offers purse supplements to in-state Thoroughbred owners, as well as breeders and stallion owners, awaits action by the governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural