West Virginia's high court has overturned a circuit court decision that vacated a WVRC order to suspend and fine seven jockeys in a 2009 case in which they were permitted to ride over the published weight.
A new direction in equine regulatory law or an aberration by an activist court?...by Bob Heleringer read blog
The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals refused March 30 to hear petitions by the West Virginia Racing Commission and three individuals who have been barred from Charles Town Races & Slots.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted unanimously Dec. 7 to pursue an appeal of a ruling by a circuit court that said it can't conduct hearings into exclusion cases at Charles Town Races & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint