A new direction in equine regulatory law or an aberration by an activist court?...by Bob Heleringer read blog
The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals refused March 30 to hear petitions by the West Virginia Racing Commission and three individuals who have been barred from Charles Town Races & Slots.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted unanimously Dec. 7 to pursue an appeal of a ruling by a circuit court that said it can't conduct hearings into exclusion cases at Charles Town Races & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA