West Virginia's high court has overturned a circuit court decision that vacated a WVRC order to suspend and fine seven jockeys in a 2009 case in which they were permitted to ride over the published weight.
A new direction in equine regulatory law or an aberration by an activist court?...by Bob Heleringer read blog
The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals refused March 30 to hear petitions by the West Virginia Racing Commission and three individuals who have been barred from Charles Town Races & Slots.
The West Virginia Racing Commission voted unanimously Dec. 7 to pursue an appeal of a ruling by a circuit court that said it can't conduct hearings into exclusion cases at Charles Town Races & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day