The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said July 8 it has asked the West Virginia Supreme Court to void an interagency agreement approved by the state racing and lottery commissions in June.
The West Virginia Racing Commission, in the wake of a state Supreme Court of Appeals decision, has amended some procedural rules to specifically allow occupational permit holders to appeal racetrack ejections.
The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals recently called a high-profile turf contest between the West Virginia Racing Commission and the Charles Town racetrack. The stakes were for the control of horse racing. read blog
Parties in a two-year-old case involving the ejection of seven jockeys from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races made their arguments Sept. 20 in the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale