The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said July 8 it has asked the West Virginia Supreme Court to void an interagency agreement approved by the state racing and lottery commissions in June.
The West Virginia Racing Commission, in the wake of a state Supreme Court of Appeals decision, has amended some procedural rules to specifically allow occupational permit holders to appeal racetrack ejections.
The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals recently called a high-profile turf contest between the West Virginia Racing Commission and the Charles Town racetrack. The stakes were for the control of horse racing. read blog
Parties in a two-year-old case involving the ejection of seven jockeys from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races made their arguments Sept. 20 in the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation