On January 13, 2012, Treble Jig became the 100th stakes winner for his late sire, Gone West. This goal was achieved through excellence over time, with an average of just 61 foals per crop.
West by West, a grade I-winning son of Gone West, died May 27 at the Karacabey Pension Stud Farm in Turkey. He was 22.
John H. Peace, who raced homebred graded stakes winners West by West and Top Secret, died Oct. 22 at a hospital in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.
A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Jean-Pierre DeRoubaix of the French Bloodstock Agency announced that the Turkish Jockey Club has purchased West by West, Marlin, Fantastic Fellow, Bijou d'Inde, and Bin Ajwaad for stallion duty at the Turkish National Stud near Izmit.
West By West, sixth-leading third crop sire in the U.S., is among three stallions destined for Turkey, if negotiations are completed. The other two are Fantastic Fellow and Marlin, according to Narvick International, which is helping engineer the deal with the Turkish Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015