Trainer Ian Jory hopes that Continental Red has better luck in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT), the 1 1/2-mile closing day turf feature, than he did last year.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association believes 2001 was a strong year for the California-bred program, with increases in the foal crop and number of mares bred. But officials with the organization indicated the status quo will not do for this year or subsequent years.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale