Trainer Ian Jory hopes that Continental Red has better luck in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT), the 1 1/2-mile closing day turf feature, than he did last year.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association believes 2001 was a strong year for the California-bred program, with increases in the foal crop and number of mares bred. But officials with the organization indicated the status quo will not do for this year or subsequent years.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31