Trainer Ian Jory hopes that Continental Red has better luck in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT), the 1 1/2-mile closing day turf feature, than he did last year.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association believes 2001 was a strong year for the California-bred program, with increases in the foal crop and number of mares bred. But officials with the organization indicated the status quo will not do for this year or subsequent years.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres