Turned out at a Wellington, Fla. farm shortly after suffering his first loss by a nose in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Nov. 5, Union Rags has returned to light training after a short break.
All quarantines in effect for horse farms and clinics due to the recent Equine Herpes Virus outbreak have been lifted, according to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, signaling the end of the immediate threat to Florida.
Strangles has forced the New York Racing Association to place temporary restrictions on horses entering the grounds at either Belmont Park or Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters