Turned out at a Wellington, Fla. farm shortly after suffering his first loss by a nose in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Nov. 5, Union Rags has returned to light training after a short break.
All quarantines in effect for horse farms and clinics due to the recent Equine Herpes Virus outbreak have been lifted, according to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, signaling the end of the immediate threat to Florida.
Strangles has forced the New York Racing Association to place temporary restrictions on horses entering the grounds at either Belmont Park or Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby