Odds-on choice Master Command left the tiring Purim approaching the eighth pole and cruised to victory in the $194,000 Mineshaft Handicap, the first of four successive grade III races on the Fair Grounds program Saturday.
Master Command has been installed as the 8-5 morning line favorite for the Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) at the Fair Grounds Feb.10.
With the defection of WELL SAID, an overflow field of 13 remains in the grade II Arkansas Derby. LAWYER RON is the 7-5 morning line favorite, and deservedly so.
The doubters are thinning out as the seasoned Triple Crown contender Lawyer Ron turned in an impressive victory in Saturday's $300,000 Rebel (gr. III) for 3-year-olds before 32,983 at Oaklawn Park, recording his fifth consecutive win.
Lawyer Ron looks to run his winning streak to five as the likely choice in a 10-horse field for the Rebel Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark. Private Vow, who won four of six races last year, makes his long-awaited 3-year-old debut.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November