Speaking at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at Keeneland, Mary Scollay, DVM, presented a 10-year study that indicated positive trends for pre-race exams in Florida.
The fourth edition of the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit will feature a "Prevention vs. Reaction" theme when it is held at Keeneland Oct. 16-17.
Participants in welfare and safety meeting commit to collecting information about racing's human participants.
Nick Nicholson, the president and CEO of Keeneland, called for the Thoroughbred industry to expand its efforts to protect its participants--both human and equine--from injury.
Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation's summit to be held at the Keeneland sale pavilion June 28-29; will be streamed live on Keeneland's website.
The second Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit concluded March 18 with the 62 participants releasing action plans on how to improve various aspects of the Thoroughbred industry.
A cross-section of prominent participants from the Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry who participated in the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit in Lexington, on Oct. 16-17, have drafted recommended action plans in six areas to potentially improve conditions in various facets of the Thoroughbred industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night