Many of the country's leading regulators will listen to panels and presentations on drug testing and enforcement, policing of the backstretch, and promotion of the sport when they gather this week in Charleston, S.C.
- By Frank Angst
Just days before it was reported July 12 that California Chrome would miss at least three months of racing because of a cannon bone bruise, Larry Bramlage talked about that type of injury at the Welfare. read blog
Whether Thoroughbred owners have invested a little or a lot, the care of their equine extended family is important. Download Now
Massachusetts is the first U.S. racing authority to endorse horse safety and welfare guidelines from the International Group of Specialists Racing Veterinarians.
Jockeys' Guild National Manager Terry Meyocks told a finance subcommittee of West Virginia's Interim Joint Committee on Finance that he's concerned about the lack of benefits for jockeys who ride at the state's two tracks.
Participants in welfare and safety meeting commit to collecting information about racing's human participants.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners on Feb. 16 issued guidelines for protecting the health of the Thoroughbred racehorse.
By John Hettinger -- To my way of thinking, one of the most positive developments in our industry in recent times has been the increased concern for the health and welfare of the horse.
- By Ray Paulick
California Gov. Gray Davis is a pro-labor Democrat who has spoken out in opposition to the expansion of gambling in his state. That's why a bill passed in the waning hours of the 2000 California legislative session poses something of a dilemma to the first-term governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win