An international field of fillies and mares is set for the 47th running of the $150,000 Matchmaker Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds and up at Monmouth Park July 28.
Trainer Todd Pletcher will saddle both Disposablepleasure and In Lingerie in the Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course May 18. The Bob Baffert-trained Mamma Kimbo is the morning line favorite at odds of 7-5.
The 138th running of Churchill Downs' $1 million Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) attracted a trio of late nominees during a late nomination phase that concluded Wednesday, April 11.
Just as she did in her last start, E. Paul Robsham's homebred Broadway's Alibi went wire-to-wire, this time scoring by 3 1/2 lengths in the $250,000 Comely (gr. III) and perhaps punched her ticket to the May 4 Kentucky Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby