Millionaire Coil, winner of the 2011 Haskell Invitational (gr. I) and 2012 Santa Anita Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. I), will stand the 2013 season at Magali Farms, it was announced Dec. 28.
Coil, one of the top 3-year-olds in America last year but unraced since October, showed he hasn't lost a step in the meantime with an authoritative victory in a $78,000 allowance/optional claiming race at Del Mar July 26.
The first reported foal by Eclipse Award winner Midnight Lute is the initial offspring out of grade I winner Touch Tiz's Sis.
Undefeated Lookin At Lucky handled his first try at two turns successfully in the $300,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 4, allowing Bob Baffert to look forward to the Nov. 7 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Midnight Lute, the only horse to win the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) twice, has been retired from racing and will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington in 2009.
Midnight Lute, the defending Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, worked a half-mile at Santa Anita Oct. 20. The official clockers timed him in :46.80 on the Pro-Ride surface, while trainer Bob Baffert clocked him in :47.07.
Audrey Haisfield's Stonewall Farm has announced an agreement to purchase multiple stakes winner Da Stoops and will stand the 3-year-old son of Distorted Humor at Becky Thomas' Sequel Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount