Frank Angst analyzes the Kentucky Derby picture following interesting prep races from the weekend, specifically weight assignments. read blog
A West Virginia circuit court has overturned the West Virginia Racing Commission's call for fines and suspensions for seven riders involved in a scandal alleging improperly reported riding weights at Charles Town in 2009.
The question today's handicapper must ask is how much weight matters. read blog
Feeding time! Open a bag of readymade feed and you're set, right? But wait -- there's a staggering variety of offerings on the feed store's shelves, and it's important you choose the correct one for your particular horse. Download Now
The Jockeys' Guild got a lot of sympathy but no immediate action from the Illinois Racing Board Tuesday on the issues of medical insurance and the scale of weights.
The nation's top three horse racing companies have teamed to study the current jockey scale of weights and make recommendations on potential national reforms to the Jockeys' Guild, horsemen's groups, racing associations and racing regulators.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak wouldn't have happened if a racing secretary ruled baseball.
- By Gary West
By Gary West -- Recent weighty events at Santa Anita suggest that handicaps have become anachronistic. The events also recall a story that's ancient according to some calendars but nevertheless illuminating.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism