The Inglis Melbourne Premier Sale in Australia ended Thursday with records for gross, average and median and a new sale record of Aus$750,000 paid by Darley Australia for a son of Exceed And Excel on Tuesday.
The Inglis Premier Sale, conducted annually in Melbourne at the Oaklands Junction complex, began March 2 where Karaka in New Zealand left off last month -- with a bang.
- By Ron Mitchell
Most of the New South Wales breeding season could be salvaged if the Australian government approves a vaccination program to help stem the spread of equine influenza, according to representatives of the William Inglis & Son sale company who are in Kentucky for the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes