The Inglis Melbourne Premier Sale in Australia ended Thursday with records for gross, average and median and a new sale record of Aus$750,000 paid by Darley Australia for a son of Exceed And Excel on Tuesday.
The Inglis Premier Sale, conducted annually in Melbourne at the Oaklands Junction complex, began March 2 where Karaka in New Zealand left off last month -- with a bang.
- By Ron Mitchell
Most of the New South Wales breeding season could be salvaged if the Australian government approves a vaccination program to help stem the spread of equine influenza, according to representatives of the William Inglis & Son sale company who are in Kentucky for the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees