The Inglis Melbourne Premier Sale in Australia ended Thursday with records for gross, average and median and a new sale record of Aus$750,000 paid by Darley Australia for a son of Exceed And Excel on Tuesday.
The Inglis Premier Sale, conducted annually in Melbourne at the Oaklands Junction complex, began March 2 where Karaka in New Zealand left off last month -- with a bang.
- By Ron Mitchell
Most of the New South Wales breeding season could be salvaged if the Australian government approves a vaccination program to help stem the spread of equine influenza, according to representatives of the William Inglis & Son sale company who are in Kentucky for the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season