Mr. Prankster will try for his second stakes win in a row when he lines up for the $50,000 WEBN Stakes Feb. 4 at Turfway, but he faces tough competition in Phantom Fury and his own stablemate, Magical Season.
The John Battaglia Memorial Stakes, the last of three preps on the way to the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), drew a field of eight 3-year-olds led by Kera's Kitten and graded stakes placed Codoy.
Parade Clown got a wise ride from veteran rider Bill Troilo Feb. 7 at Turfway Park to take home the $50,000 WEBN Stakes trophy. It was the first stakes win for the son of Distorted Humor and a decisive step toward the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) next month.
The field for the rescheduled $50,000 WEBN Stakes Feb. 7 grew to 12 when entries were retaken, and additional early speed adds new possibilities to the mile contest for 3-year-olds.
Absolutely Cindy, the lone filly in a field of 11, made a jaw-dropping seven-wide move coming out of the final turn and caught Your Round inside the sixteenth-pole to score an impressive victory in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Derby hopeful returns for $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway March 1.
Silver Minister drew off easily to win the $50,000 WEBN Stakes Saturday at Turfway Park.
Turfway Park isn't being sarcastic. It's just trying to have a little fun, and maybe introduce some people to pari-mutuel wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup