Dunkirk, who ran second in the 2009 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Germany's premier yearling sale, held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days, ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
Grade I winner and millionaire Tomisue's Delight was euthanized July 16 following complications from colic surgery.
Flirtatious, dam of 2006 champion Wait a While, was euthanized July 20 following surgery.
Alumni Hall, a two-time graded stakes winner at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Strategic Mission, who stood his first two years at Gainesway Farm near Lexington before standing the last three in New York, will return to Gainesway for the 2007 breeding season.
Mineshaft was named 2003 Horse of the Year at the 33rd annual Eclipse Awards, but it wasn't easy taking the spotlight away from Funny Cide, the New York-bred gelding who generated so much publicity during his memorable Triple Crown run last spring and was voted an Eclipse Award as outstanding 3-year-old male.
No Jacket Required, claimed by trainer Tom Amoss for $40,000 in his last start, returned to the track Saturday to earn a neck-length win in the $113,700 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. Under jockey Brice Blanc, the 6-year-old gelded son of Jolie's Halo completed the 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03.25 on firm turf.
Secret Status confirmed her Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) win Saturday at Belmont Park, rallying through the stretch to win the $250,000 Mother Goose.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives