Stallion Register, Global Stallion app hit the streets
BloodHorse and Weatherbys announced today they have jointly developed a free Global Stallions app that is now available for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
The latest edition of the General Stud Book published by Weatherbys reflects the impact of the recession on the breeding industries in Great Britain and Ireland.
A foal crop that has declined 22% in five years is making it tough in Britain to maintain a strong racing product.
Yearling entries for the 2011 running of the Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) must be made by noon Dec. 1.
Even though Ted Watkins is only a casual fan of Thoroughbred racing, he might know more about the breed's early history than some of the sport's most enthusiastic admirers. He owns a copy of the first edition of An Introduction to a General Stud-Book, which was printed in England in 1791.
A 639-strong entry has been received for the 2006 Vodafone Derby at the initial yearling entry stage, just nine short of the record 648 entries made for the 2005 classic at Epsom Downs.
The outgoing chairman of Britain's Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has recommended that a "supervisory board" should be implemented to establish broad policy and monitor the work of British Horseracing Board and the Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf