George Strawbridge's homebred We Are gamely charged between rivals and was up in time at Longchamp Oct. 5 to win the Prix de l'Opera Longines, her first victory at the group I level.
While We Are winning a group I race despite suffering from a large ovarian tumor would seemingly serve as the latest of many examples of courage in the Thoroughbred, French officials do not see it that way.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Elite runners Cirrus des Aigles and Olympic Glory make for an exciting clash in a compact field of six for the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) May 25 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March