George Strawbridge's homebred We Are gamely charged between rivals and was up in time at Longchamp Oct. 5 to win the Prix de l'Opera Longines, her first victory at the group I level.
While We Are winning a group I race despite suffering from a large ovarian tumor would seemingly serve as the latest of many examples of courage in the Thoroughbred, French officials do not see it that way.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Elite runners Cirrus des Aigles and Olympic Glory make for an exciting clash in a compact field of six for the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) May 25 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory