Two-time Arc winner Treve made an eye-catching start to her 2015 season when unleashing her patented powerful finishing kick and drawing clear to win the Prix Corrida (Fr-II) May 29 at Saint-Cloud.
George Strawbridge's homebred We Are gamely charged between rivals and was up in time at Longchamp Oct. 5 to win the Prix de l'Opera Longines, her first victory at the group I level.
While We Are winning a group I race despite suffering from a large ovarian tumor would seemingly serve as the latest of many examples of courage in the Thoroughbred, French officials do not see it that way.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Elite runners Cirrus des Aigles and Olympic Glory make for an exciting clash in a compact field of six for the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) May 25 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Thirty on Breeders' Cup Members Ballot
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park