George Strawbridge's homebred We Are gamely charged between rivals and was up in time at Longchamp Oct. 5 to win the Prix de l'Opera Longines, her first victory at the group I level.
While We Are winning a group I race despite suffering from a large ovarian tumor would seemingly serve as the latest of many examples of courage in the Thoroughbred, French officials do not see it that way.
Back at the top of his game, French star Cirrus des Aigles took control early in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr. I) May 25 at Longchamp and won from comfortably from hard-trying Anodin.
Elite runners Cirrus des Aigles and Olympic Glory make for an exciting clash in a compact field of six for the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) May 25 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Long On Value's Late Run Lands Twilight Derby
- Moore: 'If it Rains, I hope it Rains Hard'
- Goldencents Repeats in BC Dirt Mile
- Patient Cary Street Wins Las Vegas Marathon
- My Fiona Rides Rail to Golden State Victory
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint