Given the results of its two previous auctions this year and the booming market, it's no surprise that OBS closed out the lucrative juvenile sale season with a June record top-priced horse and across-the-board benchmarks.
The offspring of Hard Spun were popular among buyers Jan. 17 as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. winter mixed sale began its two-day run in Florida with a consignor preferred session and a new horses of racing age section.
Red Roy, an unraced 3-year-old filly, turned in the fastest three-furlong work of the day Jan. 16 during the under tack show for the new horses of racing age section of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. winter mixed sale.
If the results of the under tack show Feb. 28 were any indication, the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training is in the process of making a successful transition to its new home, Palm Meadows.
Even though the Keeneland September yearling sale is nearing its end, it still has plenty of momentum.
Four fillies are the quickest at an eighth of a mile during the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction.
Becomes third horse to bring $400,000 or more at OBS February juvenile auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple