Now that some horses race on synthetic tracks or are sold at juvenile auctions after working over synthetic surfaces, have buyers at Thoroughbred sales changed how they make their selections?
Becomes third horse to bring $400,000 or more at OBS February juvenile auction.
An Exchange Rate filly was the fastest worker at an eighth of a mile Monday with her clocking of :9 4/5 during the second session of the first round of under tack shows for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. concluded their four-day fall mixed sale with the second of two open sessions Thursday afternoon with continued gains in average, but a slight dip in median. After a pair of consignor preferred sessions recorded solid increases in both average and median, the two open sessions posted a raise in average of 3.4% over a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes