Purses for maiden special weight races will increase from $72,000 to $80,000 and allowance races will go to as much as $84,000 after starting the season for as much as $76,000.
Irish jockey Wayne Smith, who has14 wins to his credit during the current racing season in the United Arab Emirates, has been suspended for three race meetings as a result of his winning ride aboard Skoozi in Thursday's Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) at Nad Al Sheba.
Next Knight, who topped last year's Pearls of Dubai sale, was upset by a Kentucky-bred son of Mister Baileys in a mile grass race at Nad al Sheba Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017