Stephen Lyster, a 26-year-old Kentuckian, is trying to build a racing stable at a time when many economic indicators are down. But his family background and appreciation of the horse have him committed to the business.
Lu Ravi fell just short of attaining her grade I goal when she finished second to Gourmet Girl in the April 8 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park. Now with $1,819,781 in earnings, eight stakes wins, and three second-place finishes in grade I races, trainer Carl Bowman and owner Yoshio Fujita have retired the 6-year-old mare.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break