Champion male sprinter Runhappy returned to the Kentucky Training Center near Lexington Feb. 28 following some rest in Texas and will resume training toward a 2016 campaign.
Runhappy, winner of two grade I sprints this year, will attempt a third Dec. 26 in Santa Anita Park's Malibu Stakes. The Super Saver colt breezed seven furlongs Dec. 15 at the California track.
James McIngvale's Runhappy, winner of the TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Keeneland in his last start, recorded his first work at Santa Anita Dec. 8, getting six furlongs in 1:11 4/5.
James McIngvale's Runhappy, the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, works Nov. 25 at Keeneland toward a start in the Dec. 26 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita.
Stephen Lyster, a 26-year-old Kentuckian, is trying to build a racing stable at a time when many economic indicators are down. But his family background and appreciation of the horse have him committed to the business.
Lu Ravi fell just short of attaining her grade I goal when she finished second to Gourmet Girl in the April 8 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park. Now with $1,819,781 in earnings, eight stakes wins, and three second-place finishes in grade I races, trainer Carl Bowman and owner Yoshio Fujita have retired the 6-year-old mare.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War