Champion male sprinter Runhappy returned to the Kentucky Training Center near Lexington Feb. 28 following some rest in Texas and will resume training toward a 2016 campaign.
Runhappy, winner of two grade I sprints this year, will attempt a third Dec. 26 in Santa Anita Park's Malibu Stakes. The Super Saver colt breezed seven furlongs Dec. 15 at the California track.
James McIngvale's Runhappy, winner of the TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Keeneland in his last start, recorded his first work at Santa Anita Dec. 8, getting six furlongs in 1:11 4/5.
James McIngvale's Runhappy, the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, works Nov. 25 at Keeneland toward a start in the Dec. 26 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita.
Stephen Lyster, a 26-year-old Kentuckian, is trying to build a racing stable at a time when many economic indicators are down. But his family background and appreciation of the horse have him committed to the business.
Lu Ravi fell just short of attaining her grade I goal when she finished second to Gourmet Girl in the April 8 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park. Now with $1,819,781 in earnings, eight stakes wins, and three second-place finishes in grade I races, trainer Carl Bowman and owner Yoshio Fujita have retired the 6-year-old mare.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa