Keeneland director of sales Geoffrey Russell called Tuesday's opening session of the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training "a success." But the auction will have to seriously improve upon its first night gross of $7,127,000 in Wednesday's second session to equal or surpass last year's total of $16,637,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn