Keeneland director of sales Geoffrey Russell called Tuesday's opening session of the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training "a success." But the auction will have to seriously improve upon its first night gross of $7,127,000 in Wednesday's second session to equal or surpass last year's total of $16,637,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week