Maryland Million announced that the purse for the Maryland Million Classic will increase to $300,000. In addition purses for both the Maryland Million Ladies and the Maryland Million Turf will grow to $200,000.
The president and vice president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have resigned, and a West Virginia owner/breeder who headed the organization when video lottery terminals were introduced in the mid-1990s has again taken over as president.
The former president of the Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is calling for a special election in the wake of what he calls repeated attempts by the current president and board of directors to discredit him and his wife.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown