Roger L. Coles Jr.'s Shake You Down had too much class and speed for his six opponents in Saturday's $109,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct, and that easily translated to a front-running victory over Way to the Top for the multiple graded stakes winner.
Chalk players could receive an early Christmas present from trainer Scott Lake, who entered his sensational sprinter Shake You Down in Sunday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Mark Hopkins' A Huevo, a 7-year-old gelding making just his seventh career start, came with a rush from the outside near the sixteenth pole to register an upset of odds-on choice Shake You Down in the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Making his first start outside of races restricted to California-bred horses, Proud Tower was an impressive winner of the Hollywood Prevue Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Calder's GM of Racing to Stay With CDI
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp