Leading virtually throughout, favored Unzip Me prevailed in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on opening night of the inaugural Oak Tree at Hollywood Park meet Sept. 30.
Compari posted a mild upset under Garrett Gomez in the $250,000 Snow Chief Stakes, but Rafael Bejarano stole the spotlight with a five-win afternoon on the 10th annual California Gold Rush program April 25 at Hollywood Park.
The stalking favorite Leah's Secret pulled clear of her rivals in the final furlong to impressively win the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff, the last of four rich stakes races at Santa Anita Jan. 24, for her third consecutive stakes win.
Briecat and Amazing, riding three-race winning streaks, take on multiple grade II victor Leah's Secret in a highly competitive renewal of the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff at Santa Anita Jan. 24. Other races in this series include the Sunshine Millions Sprint and the Sunshine Millions Oaks. Four races are run at Santa Anita and four are run at Gulfstream Park. The series is worth a total of $3.6 million.
Trainer Mark Casse, Canada's reigning Sovereign Award conditioner, has the $150,000 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies well surrounded with four entered Sept. 9 on the Woodbine lawn. His entries include undefeated Lickety Lemon, the 9-5 morning line favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland