Jockey David Cohen celebrated his return to Aqueduct Racetrack by winning three races Jan. 27, including the $73,500 Cagey Exuberance Stakes aboard Celtic Chant.
A dapper-looking son of Distorted Humor was purchased by WinStar Farm, agent, for the partnership of Maverick Racing for $1 million to highlight the late afternoon session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Waterville Lake Stable's Derrianne made her first start in the U.S. a winning one, confidently stalking the pacesetters and then charging to victory in the $147,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Mariensky has been primed for the Garden City Breeders' Cup (gr. I) spot after her troubled U.S. debut, while Craigsteel would relish a soft going in the Man o' War (gr. IT). The races are Sept. 7-8.
Tortured twice by losing photo finishes in graded stakes races recently at Saratoga, trainer Christophe Clement and jockey Jose Santos got a bit of payback when Waterville Lake Stable's Celtic Sky got up at the wire to beat front-running Reluctant Groom by a nose in the $82,900 West Point Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms