Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Inducted into the National Racing Hall of Fame in 1971, jockey Albert Johnson is among the 2006 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame. Enshrined alongside Johnson this year is the horse Sir William, trainer Francis Keller, and breeder C J Sebastian.
Trainer Bud Klokstad, jockey Basil James, breeders Guy and Barbara Roberts and racehorse Smogy Dew are the 2005 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze, trainer Charlie Whittingham, breeder George Drumheller, and horses Saratoga Passage and Turbulator are the 2004 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
A trio of national hall of fame members – jockeys Johnny Adams, Russell Baze and Alberto Johnson – are among the list of nominees for the 2004 Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame were released on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory