Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Inducted into the National Racing Hall of Fame in 1971, jockey Albert Johnson is among the 2006 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame. Enshrined alongside Johnson this year is the horse Sir William, trainer Francis Keller, and breeder C J Sebastian.
Trainer Bud Klokstad, jockey Basil James, breeders Guy and Barbara Roberts and racehorse Smogy Dew are the 2005 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Jockey Russell Baze, trainer Charlie Whittingham, breeder George Drumheller, and horses Saratoga Passage and Turbulator are the 2004 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
A trio of national hall of fame members – jockeys Johnny Adams, Russell Baze and Alberto Johnson – are among the list of nominees for the 2004 Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame were released on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined With Back Muscle Pull