The WTBOA summer yearling and mixed sale will be held Aug. 26, the Tuesday after the Longacres Mile (gr. III), at the Morris J. Alhadeff Sales Pavilion located at Emerald Downs in Auburn, Wash.
The Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association has announced a new Emerald "Buy Here/Win Here" bonus program for WTBOA summer sale yearlings.
Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
A full brother to two-time Washington State Horse of the Year Noosa Beach was sold for $55,000 to top the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling and mixed sale.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will participate in the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign's checkoff program.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob