Emerald Downs in Washington and Hastings Racecourse in Vancouver, British Columbia, will offer a bonus for horses that sweep the tracks' signature events for 3-year-olds in 2016.
Twenty-nine stakes worth $1.515 million on tap for 2011 at Emerald Downs. The $200,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) is slated for Aug. 21.
Emerald Downs, a Breeders' Cup Challenge partner, will host a Hats and Heels Day to benefit The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Puget Sound Affiliate on Washington Oaks Day at Emerald Downs, Aug. 16, in advance of the Aug. 17 Longacres Mile, a Breeders' Cup Challenge race.
Jockey Ricky Frazier guided She's All Silk to an upset victory in the $97,500 Washington Breeders' Cup Oaks to highlight his four-win day at Emerald Downs Saturday.
A Classic Life won Saturday's $100,000 Washington Breeders' Cup Oaks at Emerald Downs to give trainer Grant Forster his third consecutive victory in the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage