The Muckleshoot Tribe March 13 received unanimous approval from the Washington Horse Racing Commission to operate Emerald Downs, the state's premier Thoroughbred racetrack.
Emerald Downs has announced several incentives for horsemen for the 70-day meet that runs April 18 through Sept. 27.
Twenty-nine stakes worth $1.515 million on tap for 2011 at Emerald Downs. The $200,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) is slated for Aug. 21.
The Jockeys' Guild and the Washington HBPA have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule at Emerald Downs which will take effect when the track opens its 2011 racing season April 15.
Trainer Bud Klokstad, jockey Basil James, breeders Guy and Barbara Roberts and racehorse Smogy Dew are the 2005 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico