The Muckleshoot Tribe March 13 received unanimous approval from the Washington Horse Racing Commission to operate Emerald Downs, the state's premier Thoroughbred racetrack.
Emerald Downs has announced several incentives for horsemen for the 70-day meet that runs April 18 through Sept. 27.
Twenty-nine stakes worth $1.515 million on tap for 2011 at Emerald Downs. The $200,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) is slated for Aug. 21.
The Jockeys' Guild and the Washington HBPA have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule at Emerald Downs which will take effect when the track opens its 2011 racing season April 15.
Trainer Bud Klokstad, jockey Basil James, breeders Guy and Barbara Roberts and racehorse Smogy Dew are the 2005 inductees to the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance