A Galileo full sister to 2012 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Was sold for 5 million guineas ($8,443,575 in United States funds) Oct. 9 at Tattersalls, smashing the world record price for a yearling filly at auction.
With last year's Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner and runner-up swiftly closing in at the finish, pacesetter Ambivalent held on valiantly to win the Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) June 30 at the Curragh.
After a protracted battle that went the length of the stretch, French raider Shareta edged past The Fugue near the wire to capture the Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) at York Racecourse Aug. 23.
Benefiting from a perfectly timed ride by Richard Hughes, The Fugue charged past longtime leader Timepiece in the final yards to win the Markel Insurance Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) by a length at Glorious Goodwood Aug. 4.
Great Heavens completed her rapid ascension to the top of the 3-year-old filly ranks with a dominating three-length victory in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 22.
Outsider Was gamely held off the late charge of Shirocco Star to win the $542,500 Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck at Epsom June 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet