Affirmative, a 14-year-old son of Unbridled, will stand in 2013 at Farrell Jones Layup Center near Hemet, Calif., for a private treaty.
Following more than a week of difficult negotiations, 36 pregnant Thoroughbred mares and one stallion were removed from a Phoenix, Ariz., feedlot Aug. 15 and are now at two safe locations in the state, eventually bound for new homes.
Forty-six Thoroughbreds that wound up on a feedlot in Phoenix, Ariz., are on their way to being rescued, according to the president of a Southern California horse retirement farm who has spearheaded the effort to save the animals.
A large-scale Southern California horse breeder, who gave away 40 Thoroughbred broodmares and six stallions in an effort to cull his stock, says he never intended for those horses to wind up at a Phoenix, Ariz., ranch awaiting sale at a feedlot and an uncertain future.
A Thoroughbred retirement facility in Southern California is seeking public support in its attempt to save 46 horses culled from a large-scale breeding farm in the region that are awaiting possible sale at an auction lot in Chandler, Ariz.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th