Affirmative, a 14-year-old son of Unbridled, will stand in 2013 at Farrell Jones Layup Center near Hemet, Calif., for a private treaty.
Following more than a week of difficult negotiations, 36 pregnant Thoroughbred mares and one stallion were removed from a Phoenix, Ariz., feedlot Aug. 15 and are now at two safe locations in the state, eventually bound for new homes.
Forty-six Thoroughbreds that wound up on a feedlot in Phoenix, Ariz., are on their way to being rescued, according to the president of a Southern California horse retirement farm who has spearheaded the effort to save the animals.
A large-scale Southern California horse breeder, who gave away 40 Thoroughbred broodmares and six stallions in an effort to cull his stock, says he never intended for those horses to wind up at a Phoenix, Ariz., ranch awaiting sale at a feedlot and an uncertain future.
A Thoroughbred retirement facility in Southern California is seeking public support in its attempt to save 46 horses culled from a large-scale breeding farm in the region that are awaiting possible sale at an auction lot in Chandler, Ariz.
Bartok, sire of multiple stakes winners Bartok's Blithe and Euro Empire, has been relocated to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby