Smokey Image found company in the turn of his four-furlong breeze, as he and jockey Victor Espinoza moved inside of a three-furlong worker and stuck with their unexpected rival to the wire, covering the distance in :47 1/5.
A field of nine 3-year-old fillies will seek their first graded stakes victory in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Nashoba's Gold turned the tables on Diversy Gold and won the second installment of their budding rivalry in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies April 5 at Santa Anita Park.
When it comes to the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint, the Oak Tree Racing Association board members can be forgiven a little partisanship. The hosts of the 2008 Breeders' Cup Oct. 24-25 should be impartial, but fellow board member Warren Williamson bred and owns Filly & Mare Sprint contender Tiz Elemental.
Foxysox, winner of four stakes in 2006, is back in training, and trainer Carla Gaines believes the filly may be ready in time to defend her Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) title Dec. 1 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud