Veteran broadcaster Tom Hammond, the Thoroughbred-racing icon who also is one of network sports' most versatile stars, will be feted by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners with the organization's Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award.
Claiborne Farm's Seth Hancock will be honored by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners, Inc. as the 2011 recipient of its annual "Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award" at its awards dinner Saturday, Nov. 19.
Former Kentucky Gov. Brereton C. Jones, a prominent Thoroughbred owner and breeder, and a spokesman for the state's horse industry, has been named as the recipient of this year's Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award, which is presented annually by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt