Steve Warner, the co-breeder of 2006 champion sprinter Thor's Echo, died April 25 after a bout with cancer.
Helen of Troy, dam of champion Thor's Echo, was euthanized June 30 because of complications from laminitis.
Leading sprinter Unbridled Sidney bids for a repeat in the $250,000 Distaff Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Groom Dancer, a Kentucky-bred who developed into a French group I winner and a successful international stallion, died at Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Stalwart, a grade I winner who sired 55 stakes winners, died March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture