Prairie Meadows jockey Vicki Warhol is out indefinitely after having a shoulder and five ribs broken while being trampled by a horse in its stall.
Saratoga Notebook: Lewis' Warhol Injured; Dandy Draws 6 Definites; Hennig Has Mares Ready; First 'Chase Mishaps
Warhol, a $4 million yearling recently purchased privately by Bob and Beverly Lewis from John Magnier and Michael Tabor, was injured Tuesday while leaving the Oklahoma training track.
Trainer John Ward said Thursday that he is leaning toward running Sky Mesa in the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park on Aug. 3 instead of the Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga. "I'd say I'm 60-40," Ward said.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Frat Brothers Team Up on Lawn Ranger
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Baffert Hopes Luck Turns with One Lucky Dane
- Breeders' Cup News Update for Oct 30, 2014
- Breeders' Cup to Honor Top Jockey