The third day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 30 set a record for one-day turnover at a European foal sale as buyers paid 13,181,800 guineas ($22,175,874) for 182 weanlings on Nov. 30 in Newmarket.
A daughter of Medaglia d'Oro became the current sales topper during the Aug. 7 session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale, bringing a final bid of $1.575 million from trainer Todd Pletcher.
All indices rose on the first day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale led by Miss Keller, who brought 625,000 guineas from Waratah Thoroughbreds' Paul Fudge.
A daughter of Galileo was the star of the second session of Arquana's August yearling sale at Deauville in France, bringing 1.7 million euros ($2,445,180).
An Invincible Spirit colt, which brought 440,000 euros ($633,147 in U.S. funds), was the most expensive horse sold during the opening session of Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong