A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf