A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead