A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam