A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability