A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Original Arrogate Had Major Impact at Del Mar
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Remembering Ben's Cat