A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016