A full field of fillies and mares -- highlighted by multiple graded stakes winner Acoma -- will go postward in the Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs July 3.
At the moment, trainer Hal Wiggins is resisting the temptation to seriously consider racing Rachel Alexandra against the boys. But, if the ultra-talented filly should put on another scintillating performance in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14, Higgins admits the plot would thicken.
L and M Partners' Rachel Alexandra looms as the 4-5 morning line choice when facing five rivals in the 43rd running of the $400,000 grade II Fair Grounds Oaks for 3-year-old fillies March 14 at Fair Grounds.
For the third time in nine weeks, Cindy Jones' Just Jenda and Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Four Gifts will have a showdown as they head a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015