When it comes to winter racing and training, Gerald Aschinger, who operates War Horse Place in Kentucky with his wife, Dana, said Tampa Bay Downs is an excellent spot to build a foundation for horses before they head north.
Grade II winner Dramedy has been retired from racing and will enter stud at War Horse Place in 2016, according to an Oct. 13 release.
The longest price on the board delivered a game performance at Keeneland April 18, 30-1 shot Dramedy putting pressure on frontrunner My Afleet all the way around and then just holding off the late charge of Dynamic Sky.
Grade II winner Santiva, a 6-year-old son of Giant's Causeway, will stand the 2015 season at Questroyal North near Stillwater, N.Y., it was announced Nov. 7.
Midas Touch, a son of prominent international sire Galileo, will enter stud at Gerry and Dana Aschinger's War Horse Place near Lexington.
Santiva, a grade II winner by 2012 leading sire Giant's Causeway, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2013 at Gerry and Dana Aschinger's War Horse Place near Lexington.
War Horse Place stallion Kitalpha, a full brother to Kingmambo, has died of cancer, farm owner Gerry Aschinger announced in Lexington Sept. 21.
A Tapit colt brought the most expensive price of $280,000 from Canadian-based trainer Mark Casse, agent.
Kitalpha, a full brother to major sire Kingmambo, will stand at War Horse Place near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications