Willa B Awesome, upset winner of the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), goes for her third graded stakes win of the year against a couple of familiar rivals in the $150,000 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 23 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Grade I winner Willa B Awesome, sent off as a heavy favorite in the $288,000 Melair Stakes, was all out to win by a nose over a determined Starry Skies at Befair Hollywood Park April 28.
Willa B Awesome will not advance to the May 4 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) in spite of winning the Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I). The California-bred filly will instead be pointed to the Melair Stakes at Hollywood Park April 28.
Overlooked Willa B Awesome caught Reneesgotzip at the wire to post a 13-1 upset in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks(gr. I) March 31 as odds-on choice Eden's Moon disappointed.
Willa B Awesome hit the front early and was never headed as she snuck away to an 11-1 upset in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 28.
Charlie's Moment shook off Backbackbackgone early and was never headed in winning the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) for his first graded stakes tally May 24 at Hollywood Park.
Jockey David Flores registered his 3,000th North American win Sunday when his substitute mount Time to Get Even rallied on the outside to catch favored Principle Secret in the final couple of strides and win the $109,700 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) by a neck at Hollywood Park.
Mrs. Betty L. Mabee, owner of Golden Eagle Farm in Ramona, Calif., announced today that Ms. Janine McCullough has been hired to fill the new position of business manager for the farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness