Tyler Gaffalione, the 2015 Eclipse Award winner for outstanding apprentice jockey, took off his mounts June 3 at Gulfstream Park after a hospital stay June 2.
Noble's Promise, the 8-5 favorite in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I), came out of his fifth-place finish race with cuts on both his front legs suffered while getting squeezed by competitors at the start and on the first turn.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat