Lakeside Farm's Colonial Colony, upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs in June, tuned up for an expected bid for the $500,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. II) with a six-furlong breeze on Friday at Churchill Downs.
National riding leader Rafael Bejarano continues to impress Churchill Downs trainers, where he is running away with the 2004 jockey title.
While they have a trip to Iowa for the Cornhusker (gr. III) penciled in for Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) winner Colonial Colony, owner Chris Nolan and trainer Walter Bindner say they're also considering The Suburban Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Lakeside Stable's Colonial Colony, the upset winner over an elite field in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 12 at Churchill Downs, will make his next start at Iowa's Prairie Meadows.
Lakeside Farm's Colonial Colony was reported to be doing well on the day after he shook the racing world with his stunning upset of favored Southern Image and an elite field in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 12 at Churchill Downs, but his trainer is worn out.
Colonial Colony, the longest shot in the field at odds of 62-1 with 12 losses in a row, prevailed in a thrilling stretch drive with favored Southern Image to capture the $810,750 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) by a nose Saturday at Churchill Downs on a sloppy track.
Churchill Downs-based trainer Walter Bindner will decide in the next couple of days whether to ship Lakeside Farm's rapidly-improving Colonial Colony to New York for Saturday's Manhattan (gr. IT) at Belmont or stay home for the $750,000 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan