Robannier, whose runners have earned $2.5 million, will stand at Madera Thoroughbreds near Madera, Calif.
Grade III stakes winner Lone Star Sky has been retired from racing due to feet problems. The 4-year-old son of Conquistador Cielo ends his career with earnings $504,995. He has a career record of 14-3-4-1.
Dehere's best southern son, Defier, snapped his group I losing streak with a hard fought win in the $500,000 (Australian funds) Doomben Cup (Aust-I) May 29.
California breeder/owner Robert H. Walter, who nearly won the 1996 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) with homebred Cavonnier, died last night
California-bred Lazy Slusan rallied gamely through the stretch to catch Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winner Spain in the final sixteenth-mile, winning Saturday's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) by a half-length at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field