An unexpectedly fierce bidding war for a Quality Road colt produced a $710,000 session-topping price Sunday to open the Keeneland September yearling sale's Book 3 at a session that otherwise underperformed.
A colt by second-crop sire Quality Road was sold late in the afternoon to Walnut Green, agent, for $710,000 during the sixth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20 in Lexington.
A half sister to Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Plum Pretty is entered in the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Timonium, Md., May 23 and 24.
Russell B. Jones Jr. no longer is working for the Walnut Green bloodstock agency that he and his late brother, Richard, founded in 1980. The Joneses sold Walnut Green to the Mark Reid Bloodstock Agency and partners in September of 2005, and Russell Jones remained associated with the prominent Pennsylvania-based business, serving as its president.
- By Ron Mitchell
Two years after taking over Walnut Green Bloodstock, agent Mark Reid, Sr., and his team have achieved their initial goals.
Richard Jones, a former co-owner of Walnut Green bloodstock agency, died Wednesday, Jan. 10.
A son of Touch Gold topped day two of the three-day Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale at Timonium, Md when Wensleydale Farm purchased the Maryland-bred colt, named Master Stroke, out of the Thornmar consignment.
Carol Pyle Jones Fry, the mother of Walnut Green Bloodstock owners Russell and Richie Jones, died July 25 in a motor vehicle accident near her home in West Marlborough Township, located in Chester County Pennsylvania. She was 93.
A Go for Gin colt brought the top price of $315,000 during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale on Tuesday in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Remembering City Zip and His Epic Hopeful
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF