Bear Fan has been installed as the even-money morning-line favorite by Laurel Park handicapper Frank Carulli as the 6-year-old daughter of Pine Bluff attempts to defend her title in Saturday's $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II).
Wallop, owned by the Childs and Childs Stable of John and Clayton Childs, caught pacesetter Glorious Again late to post a half-length victory in Tuesday's $75,000 New Year's Eve Stakes at Mountaineer Park.
Love You Madly turned the tables on the overwhelming favorite and won Saturday's $50,000 Skipat Stakes at Pimlico.
Heavy favorite Bear Fan pulled her way to the lead coming out of the far turn and held off the closing Gazillion for a one-length victory in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Laurel Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen