The Breeders' Cup announced June 22 that the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes sponsored by Sony (Eng-I), Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) and Juddmonte Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot on Sept. 26, and the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Oct. 17, have been selected to the 2009 Breeders' Cup Challenge series.
Vodafone and Epsom Downs Racecourse announced Jan. 19 that the 2007 Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) will be the 13th and last occasion that the company will sponsor the British classic.
Baron de Vaux, who ran third in the 1990 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been purchased by Brian Wallis and will stand at Wallis' Dormello II Stud near Decatur, Texas.
High Estate, an English champion and sire of an Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner, has been relocated from England to Brian Wallis' Dormello II Stud near Decatur, Texas.
Stakes winners Northern Quest and Sharan will stand in 2005 at Brian Wallis' Dormello Stud near Decatur, Texas.
Exclusive Ribot, perhaps the last living offspring sired by Federico Tesio's great European champion Ribot, died Aug. 8 at age 32 of heart failure at Brian Wallis' Dormello II Stud near Decatur, Texas.
The British Horse Racing Board agreed to requests to stage the Epsom Derby (Eng-I) the first Saturday in June beginning in 2006 and to add a reserve list beginning in 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test