Wallace "Wally" Dollase, 78, died Oct. 30 following a lengthy illness in Kentucky. He trained Eclipse Award winners Itsallgreektome (male turf horse, 1990) and Jewel Princess (older female, 1996).
Delaware Park is preparing for an influx of more horses as about a half-dozen new trainers transfer their strings to the Stanton-oval.
Six horses are entered for Saturday's $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II), but it could end up being a two-horse race. The 4-5 favorite, Ten Most Wanted, and the 8-5 second choice, Soto, are the only two graded stakes winners in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont