Wallace "Wally" Dollase, 78, died Oct. 30 following a lengthy illness in Kentucky. He trained Eclipse Award winners Itsallgreektome (male turf horse, 1990) and Jewel Princess (older female, 1996).
Delaware Park is preparing for an influx of more horses as about a half-dozen new trainers transfer their strings to the Stanton-oval.
Six horses are entered for Saturday's $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II), but it could end up being a two-horse race. The 4-5 favorite, Ten Most Wanted, and the 8-5 second choice, Soto, are the only two graded stakes winners in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017