Wallace "Wally" Dollase, 78, died Oct. 30 following a lengthy illness in Kentucky. He trained Eclipse Award winners Itsallgreektome (male turf horse, 1990) and Jewel Princess (older female, 1996).
Delaware Park is preparing for an influx of more horses as about a half-dozen new trainers transfer their strings to the Stanton-oval.
Six horses are entered for Saturday's $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II), but it could end up being a two-horse race. The 4-5 favorite, Ten Most Wanted, and the 8-5 second choice, Soto, are the only two graded stakes winners in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win