Wallace "Wally" Dollase, 78, died Oct. 30 following a lengthy illness in Kentucky. He trained Eclipse Award winners Itsallgreektome (male turf horse, 1990) and Jewel Princess (older female, 1996).
Delaware Park is preparing for an influx of more horses as about a half-dozen new trainers transfer their strings to the Stanton-oval.
Six horses are entered for Saturday's $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II), but it could end up being a two-horse race. The 4-5 favorite, Ten Most Wanted, and the 8-5 second choice, Soto, are the only two graded stakes winners in the field.
Most Popular Stories
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters