Mesa Sunrise, making his graded stakes debut for trainer Tony Dutrow, is the morning line favorite among nine sprinters entered in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), the Thanksgiving Day main event at Aqueduct.
Susan Roy and Vinery Stables' Awesome Act turned in an impressive performance in his first start on dirt, accelerating past rivals at the top of the stretch en route to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $250,000 Gotham Stakes.
Custom for Carlos and Wall Street Wonder, both looking for their third straight win, will go up against three other stakes-winning older males including group III victor Elusive Warning in the March 6 Toboggan Handicap.
British-bred Battle of Hastings scorched his competition in Santa Anita's $100,000 La Puente Stakes on April 11 when he rallied for a 1 1/2-length victory over Smokey Lonesome.
Compared to Stardom Bound, the 3-year-old filly Evita Argentina found the nine males she faced in the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) easy pickings at stormy Santa Anita Feb. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher