The cliché of a "paid workout" gets bandied about when a horse wins with ease, but the term seemed to fit June 3 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
People at Colonial Downs have joked for years that it is one of a few tracks in the country where racing could be pulled off the dirt to the turf. On one of its biggest racing days in its history Saturday, it actually happened.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race