The cliché of a "paid workout" gets bandied about when a horse wins with ease, but the term seemed to fit June 3 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
People at Colonial Downs have joked for years that it is one of a few tracks in the country where racing could be pulled off the dirt to the turf. On one of its biggest racing days in its history Saturday, it actually happened.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm